The True Golf Swing Revealed

It’s Really The Sum Of Two Swings

I believe that the true golf swing is much easier to learn than most people make it. Most golfers confuse and complicate the golf swing by getting stuck with what I call “do-this-do-that” information. They are always trying to “make” a move like “pulling the elbow into the right side” or “holding the angle then release Read more…

How To Play True Links Golf

Control Your Trajectory For Better Scoring

Any golfer worth his salt dreams of trying his hand on a true links golf course. Turnberry, Kingsbarns, Royal Dornoch, even Carnoustie–they all present challenges that inland courses, protected from the elements, simply can’t muster. The soft fairways that prevent errant drives from running into the rough don’t exist. Spongy, well-watered greens that receive approaches of all kinds just aren’t there. It’s a whole different style of play that favors putting over pitching and low, authoritative punch shots over high, spinning floaters. Above all, links golf demands imagination.

The Iron Game: Compress To Impress

Draw The Line For Proper Contact

I have always felt that the golf swing is a chain reaction of events, and nowhere is that more evident than with the iron game. A good set up (Photo 1) leads to a proper takeaway, notice that my hands are well inside of the club head (Photo 2). From here all I need to Read more…

TGA Premier Golf Schools Expand Into Northeast

TGA Premier Golf is planting seeds for the future of golf and sweeping the nation impacting youth, schools, and families. The latest golf enrichment program has been launched in Southwest Fairfield County, Connecticut by former tennis professional, academy operator and current TGA Premier Tennis franchise owner Bernard Balagula. This latest launching represents the nineteenth franchise Read more…

The Six Rs Of Mental Game Success

Developing A Resilient Competitive IQ

Most of us are familiar with the old expression: “Golf is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is in your head.” How true. While ingraining the fundamentals, learning the proper techniques and dedicating yourself to plenty of practice is vital to lowering scores, so is building a reliable mental approach to every swing and Read more…

How To Hit A Draw, Part 1

Get On The Grid To Find The ‘Right’ Flight

Golfers of all skill levels and experience regard the shot described by three familiar words — hit a draw — as the holy grail to master. The image of the ball leaving the face slightly to the right, getting up to its apex and making a small left hand turn as it moves closer and Read more…

The Man Who Taught Jack Nicklaus, Part 1

Jack Grout Schools An Ohio Football Star

Editor’s Note: Following is the first of several planned excerpts from  A Wonderful Run at Life: The Stories of Pandel Savic, published in 2016 by Orange Frazar Press and available on Amazon and at selected bookstores nationwide. An immigrant from Macedonia and star quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes who led them to their first Read more…

How To Build A Powerful Golf Launch Pad

Proper Set-Up Promotes Balance Through The Swing

Just what is a golf launch pad, and how does it lead to a more efficient and powerful swing? I’ll show you, but first a little background. Each golf season, as a full-time teacher and coach, I re-examine techniques that I use, as well as the techniques of others. During the past 10 years, we Read more…

Stack & Tilt Revisited

What you don't know about our system will change the way you look at the golf swing

2010 was a very good year for Stack and Tilt gurus, Mike Bennett and Andy Plummer.

Golf Chipping Tips: Common Denominators

In grade school I can remember my math teacher standing at the chalkboard trying to explain some abstract topic like the Pythagorean theorem, square roots, or prime numbers proudly touting “mathematics is present in everything we do in life.” One of the more useful topics that year was the concept of common denominators in fractions. Read more…