Inspired by Cameron’s work with players on the worldwide professional tours, the Futura 5.5M offers a new mallet option featuring the alignment and high-MOI characteristics of the Futura line coupled with a neck configuration that promotes a flowing, arced putting stroke more commonly associated with blade style putters.
“The idea for the Futura 5.5M began as a prototype when Justin Thomas came to the Putter Studio looking for a new option,” Cameron said. “He wanted a smaller mallet that he could align easily, but one that also promoted the arced putting stroke he preferred. We welded a flare neck to a Futura X5 Tour putter and sent him on his way. He went on to win three events, reporting back that some of his buddies wanted a putter like his. The wheels started turning from there.”
The new Futura 5.5M extends the popular Futura line with a model designed for players seeking a smaller mallet with additional toe flow and forgiveness:
• The compact mallet — about 10 percent smaller than the similarly-shaped Futura 7M — is designed for easy alignment with built-in toe flow.
• Shorter single bend shaft configuration for additional toe hang, promoting an arced path and flowing putting stroke.
• Multi-material technology — featuring wrap-around face-sole construction milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel — moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for a larger putter head with enhanced high-MOI performance (resistance to twisting during the stroke).
• Tour-proven heel-and-toe sole weighting technology increases stability and forgiveness.
• Mid-milled face with vibration dampening technology offers soft feel with 3.5 degrees of loft to deliver optimum roll characteristics
Each new Futura putter features advanced stability weighting with removable, customizable stainless steel sole weights,stepless steel shafts and supple Black Matador Mid-size grips with red and gold accents (Futura 6M DB employs a 15-inch Dual Balance grip) developed to offer the comfort of a larger grip while maintaining responsiveness and feel.