Thursday, April 30, 2009
PROspectives: Ryan Moore
Milk The Cow
|Kind of looks like I’m milking a cow, doesn’t it? Well, that may be what I call this drill, but what I’m really doing is creating “lag.” Keep the angle between your left arm and the shaft at 90Â°.|
|Ryan Moore now plays the Adams Insight Tech a4 driver. For more info on equipment, visit golftipsmag.com/ezlinks.|
To create maximum lag, follow these five easy steps:
1. Address the ball as usual, then swing the club to the top.
2. Swing halfway down while retaining a 90Âº angle between your left arm and your golf club.
3. Return the club to the top of your swing.
4. Swing halfway down again and retain the 90Âº angle. You should feel as though you’re making a pumping motion and that your right hand is “milking the cow.”
5. Swing to the top one more time, then in one fluid motion swing through the ball. Practice “milking the cow” whenever you hit balls, and I guarantee you’ll make better contact, hit the ball farther and be more accurate with every shot.
Ryan Moore, PGA Tour, has earned nearly $5 million in four full seasons on the Tour.
check out the video
http://www.golftipsmag.com/video/Ryan Moore “milks the cow” on our website.