Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Hip, techie and classy—the year 2011 has it all
Price: $250. In Brief: Could there be a more comfortable premium shoe? Not that we’ve worn. www.adidasgolf.com
• Advanced THiNTech makes it 32% lower than conventional cleat systems.
• Powerband Chassis promotes more stability for better weight transfer through impact.
• FitFOAM molds to the exact contours of your feet.
• Hand-finished full-grain leather upper; 100% waterproof.
Price: $229. In Brief: Classy appearance, techy construction. shop.callawaygolf.com
• Its temperature-regulating system from Outlast Technology moderates your feet temperature.
• OrthoLite open-cell foam insoles provide enhanced breathability, moisture control, anti-microbial properties and long-term cushioning.
• Its Comfort Tech Gel Tongue uses injection-molded gel tubes to disperse lace pressure more uniformly across the tongue’s surface.
• Under its ball, heel and midsole, Callaway Comfort Tech Gel Pods are strategically placed into the contoured footbed to relieve pressure and provide comfort.
Price: $159. In Brief: Get so low to the ground, you’d think you weren’t wearing shoes. www.truelinkswear.com
• A wide toe box so your toes function independently.
• Weighs a mere 11 ounces.
• No midsole, no spikes, and its TPU sole is only 2.5mm thick.
• The TPU “Ergo-Traction” platform maximizes surface contact and grip while walking and during the golf swing; 360° waterproofing.
Price: $125. In Brief: Hop off your skateboard and hit the links. www.kikkor.com
• Premium full-grain leather.
• Diacon Embedded Spike System for ample traction.
• Sneaker-like looks and comfort.
• Comfortable polyurethane insole.
• One-year limited waterproof warranty.
Price: $225. In Brief: Golf’s first-ever natural-motion shoe has arrived. www.eccousa.com
• Soft yak leather uppers.
• An anatomical last with flexible midsole arch support mirrors your foot’s skeleton.
• Takes advantage of the foot’s system for absorbing impact.
• Lightweight, dual-density TPU outsole brings players closer to the ground for improved feel and traction.