3 Days In Las Vegas
Where To Stay
Suncoast Hotel and Casino
427 rooms, not to mention Primos Steakhouse and the Italian restaurant Via Veneto. www.suncoastcasino.com
Red Rock Resort, Spa & Casino
Lip-smacking good steak at T-Bones Chophouse and finger-licking Texas BBQ at Salt Lick BBQ. 414 rooms. www.redrocklasvegas.com
Green Valley Ranch
500 rooms and two fine restaurants: Hanks (steakhouse) and Il Fornaio (Italian). Oh, and a world class spa. www.greenvalleyranchresort.com
Day 3: Play
Before bidding Las Vegas adieu, bring your “A” game to The Legacy Golf Club.
After your relaxing day at Aliante and a day’s worth of playing and practice at Angel Park, it hardly seems fair that you have to leave town at some point, but to make up for it, you can bring your “A” game to one of Vegas’ most demanding layouts: The Legacy, conveniently located just 10 minutes from the airport. Bring your bags with you because you can get to your plane just minutes after you hole out on 18.
This Arthur Hills gem features some Vegas-esque touches, like the famous “playing cards” 10th tee box. (Each box is mowed into the shape of a suit: heart, diamond, club and spades.) But it isn’t just this homage to Vegas that makes the 7,233-yard, par-72 course memorable. It’s the true test of golf you’ll experience.
The Legacy, which has hosted the local U.S. Open qualifier for the past several years, isn’t a pushover, particularly on the backside, where its answer to “Amen Corner” awaits you. The trio of holes, known as the “Devil’s Triangle” (holes 11-13), has golfers routinely praying to the golf gods for mercy. The three holes crisscross desert canyons and lava outcroppings that present a stark challenge for novices and advanced players alike.
“The Legacy Golf Club is a shot maker’s dream,” says course designer Arthur Hills. We agree.
Par-72, 7,233 yards,
Contact: (888) 4-GOLF-LV, www.thelegacygc.com
Top 9 Long Runs
1. Cirque du Soleil The circus performs five shows around town.
2. Celine Dion The Canadian diva serenades Caesars Palace.
3. Danny Gans The master mimic impresses the Mirage.
4. David Copperfield Can he make the MGM Grand disappear?
5. Blue Man Group The blue-faced performance art trio makes a mess of things at the Venetian.
6. Lance Burton The master magician waves his wand at the Monte Carlo.
7. Second City The renowned improv troupe puts on a different show every night at the Flamingo.
8. Anthony Cools The comedian and hypnotist puts the Excalibur Hotel audience into a side-splitting trance.
9. Carrot Top The oddball redhead brings his unique brand of prop comedy to the Luxor.
Page 3 of 3